HTML Guardian Frequently asked questions:
For image protection issues, see Image
You can find much more information in HTML Guardian's Help file. You can download
the latest version of the Help file here
(about 360 K).
Let's clarify something first: when you open a web page, everything you see
in your browser is already somewhere on your local hard disk. This includes the
html file itself and all external files referenced in it, such as script files(.js,
.vbs), images, java applets, flash animations, sound files, style sheets (.css)
- Why do all the experts recommend HTML
Guardian for web site protection? There are so many programs that look similar.
- Can I protect my html code and scripts?
- Can I protect my images?
- Can I disable the Image Toolbar in Internet Explorer 6?
- Can I protect java applets?
- Can I protect my links from stealing and leeching?
- Can I prohibit copying text from my pages?
- Can I prohibit printing of my pages?
- Can I encrypt only some parts of the code?
- Can I encrypt files that use server-side includes (.shtml etc)?
- Can I encrypt ASP files?
- Can I encrypt cascading style sheet (.css)
- Can I encrypt PHP files?
- Can I protect flash animations?
- Which protection method should I use?
What's the difference?
- Can I password protect a page? How secure is this?
- What will be encrypted?
- Do I need to use all protection options available? What's the recommended set of options?
- Can I encrypt HTML-formatted email messages?
- Which file types can I protect with
- If I encrypt HTML source, can it be
edited with html editors?
- How can I remove the banner from encrypted
- Are encrypted files displayed correctly
in all browsers?
- Can I encrypt files created on Macintosh
- Does encryption increase the size of
the protected file?
- How to encrypt multiple files at once?
- The encrypted file loads slow!
- The encrypted file doesn't work!
- Password protected file is displayed
even if I enter a wrong password.
- Referrer check doesn't work.
- You said HTML Guardian would dramatically
increase visits to my site, but there is no difference at all.
- I lost my original files! Can you help
me recover them?
- Where is CodeAnalyzer? How to access
- I can't install HTML Guardian Personal
- I see an error message when I try to
start the Auto Update Utility.
- I see an error message "Component
'xxxxx.yyy' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is
missing or invalid " or similar when I start HTML Guardian or when I try to use
of its features. What should I do?
- HTML Guardian crashes when started on WindowsXP.
- HTML Guardian works slow.
- Problems related to Windows XP Service Pack 2
- What are the differences between HTML
Guardian Personal, Professional, Enterprise and Server editions?
- What is your upgrade policy? If I purchase
HTML Guardian Professional or Enterprise, do I have to pay for the new versions
- Do you plan to release HTML Guardian
for Linux and Mac platforms ?
We will never disclose to any third party, or
make publicly available, any information about our customers, people involved
in our beta testing programs, users of our free products, or any individual
or entity we have been in contact with regarding our products.